La Coca de Trempó is one of the most famous and typical cocas in Mallorca.
Se usually eat in summer but you can also eat at other times of the year. Accompanied with a good glass of Mallorcan red wine is a delicacy of gods.
La coca de trempó must be made with ingredients fresh, juicy tomatoes with lots of pulp, green peppers or peppers Mallorcan whites who are with whom we usually do in Mallorca and onion. The trempó must be well seasoned since it is what gives flavor to all the coca.
For the dough:
a cup of cold water
1 pressed yeast nut
1 cup of oil
2 teaspoons of butter
the flour you take
Ingredients for the trempó:
2 Green peppers
Virgin olive oil
Ground black pepper
Let's start with the preparation of the dough:
1. Let's melt the yeast in the warm water.
2. In a bowl we will put the oil, the butter and the water with the yeast. We will add the flour that is taking with a little salt and knead with your hands until the dough is made, that is, Do not get stuck in our hands.
3. When the dough is ready we will anoint it with oil and let it sit for half an hour in a container covered with a cloth.
4. After half an hour, place the well-stretched dough on the baking tray, which has been previously coated with oil.
Preparation of the trempó:
1. The peppers are picked and cut into small pieces, then made the same with the onion. Tomatoes are picked, peeled and cut also to small pieces. (The measurement depends on the taste of each person).
2. It is seasoned to taste with oil, salt and a little pepper.
When we have everything ready we put the trempó on the dough and in the oven for about 30-35 minutes at 200º.